when does your period come back

my baby is now almost 4 months, hes breastfeed so i dont know if that has something to do with it or not. but when should my period return? does it vary for every women? My SIL was shocked to learn i havnt had a period yet.
NO IM NOT PREGNANT i took a test lol.

Jaxsmommy09

Asked by Jaxsmommy09 at 1:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Health

• i got mine 5 or 6 weeks after having my son. i only breastfed for 2 weeks though.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I breastfed/am breasfeeding both of my children, with my first my period didn't return until I think around 10 months and even then it was just light spotting until I stopped. My 2nd baby is 16 months and I'm still nursing, I have light spotting but no acutal periods. My friend breastfed her child and her cycle returned about 7 months which is pretty normal. Good luck and keep nursing it's the best thing for your little one. :)
    CAKE_MOM

Answer by CAKE_MOM at 4:03 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I'm breast feeding my daughter who is 14 months and I haven't had a period yet. We bed share so she still nurses a lot through the night, which I think has a lot to do with why my period hasn't returned. I have started to feel crampy though during my "time" this past month. It feels like my break will soon be over.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Aug. 10, 2009