This is very disturbing

This morning I read the story about the mom dismembering her 3 1/2 week old. I just found out through another article that the day before she killed him the police were phoned because she sped off from the baby's grandmother's house without buckling him in. The police only cited the incident as a disturbance. My husband thinks there was nothing more the officer could do, but I say there is. Maybe if something had been done that innocent baby would still be alive. What do you think? Here is the link to the article:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090728/ap_on_re_us/us_baby_decapitated

jkt747

Asked by jkt747 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• OMG, I read this the other day. I am still shocked. But I really dont know that the officer could have done anything else.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 1:57 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• yea i just read the article from another site and was on my way to post about it.... it made me cry... what kinda person does something like that... she is def. crazy, but i don't think its fair after what she did, she gets to sit comfy in a wack house... no justice for the child...

why wasnt s.s. involved when the child was born... the family said she had been in and out of wack houses and wasnt right in the head.... WELL IF THAT ISNT A RED FLAG, WHAT THE HE*L IS?!?!

as for the police, they could only do so much... i think they should have arrested her for child endangerment, then maybe they would have seen how wacked she was....

poor little baby :(...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• It says her sister and two other kids were in the house at the time....why didn't the sister do anything? What the hell is wrong with people? Sheesh....
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 2:09 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• There was nothing else they could do. It's not a jailable offense. Driving with your child unbuckled is stupid but does'nt show you are a lunatic who will kill and cut up your baby.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:11 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Nothing else they could do. They did not know this disgusting person would do this to her child. Hope she rots in prison or gets shanked.
    Anonymous

• You know Child abusers, are sick twisted individuals.
    THIS takes the flippin cake!!!

WHAT THE HELL???
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 2:36 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Great, another woman for people to compare us PPD-suffering moms to.

FAN
    FRIGGIN
    TASTIC

Ugh. People like her make me sick.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Dismembering your baby isn't PPD. That sounds more like Post Partum Psychosis. I'm so sorry she didn't get the help she obviously needed and I'm horrified that the poor baby had to suffer for it.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 5:17 PM on Jul. 28, 2009