embarrassing and gross problem please help

my FORMER roommates moved in with roaches. i had never in my life seen so many - and, when they moved out,they got worse- we realized they kept trash and food in their rooms. called an exterminator and can't afford $150 initial and year contract. i am not willing to bomb(too much poison). professionals said they use bait. has anyone had this problem and can tell me Specifically which products to use in my home that actually work. i realize it will take time, but anything that will kill most of them asap will help me sleep better. And no, my house is not dirty.!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Home & Garden

• You can get the same bait they use at wal mart (it's in a tube looking thing) you put the gel in your cabinets and such kinda like caulk (that's what it looks like anyway LOL). I was told to do this by an exterminator because we have waterbugs really bad in our area and so far it has worked.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 9:14 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• we just moved into a new dance studio location (full of huge roaches). i had no choice but to bomb. we couldnt afford an exterminater. anyways i bought a a generic 4 pack from dollar store & it worked great. does not leave a residue or odor & is safe to go back inside within a few hrs to air out.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 2:04 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• well i'm thinking regarless of odor or residue it's still poison that kills roaches. which is why i want to bait.
    Anonymous

• boric acid and bay leaves

Answer by rkoloms at 3:15 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• ok i get the boric acid, but wat do u do with bay leaves?
    Anonymous