Cloth Diapers

Can you buy them at walmart? Are they expensive? And how well do they work on a baby who is pooping a lot due to teething?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can buy "cloth diapers" at walmart... but there aren't very good quality, they're used mostly for burprags. You really need to get cloth diapers online unless you have a boutique near you that carries them... target.com carries some, and there is a wealth of retailers than sell them online as well.

As for expense... it depends on what you get. You can get good prefolds and covers for around $100-150, or you can spend $400-500 on pockets or AIO's. It's all up to how much you want to spend for convenience.

The diapers I use work just fine on my EBF baby who makes lots of runny poop! :)
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 3:24 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• You can buy pre-folds and covers at walmart, if you want, but I wouldn't go that way personally lol I like the all in one, or the inserts. They're a lot easier, the outside is just like a disposable diaper, you just put the insert inside to soak up the pee, and then take it out to wash it. The big square ones you have to fold and either pin or clasp some how and then put a cover over it.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 3:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Forgot to add, we spent $500 on BumGenius diapers, 24 of them. For my son. We figure in the long run if we can re-sell them (Which there's a huge market for) we'll be saving like $1500-$2000 by the time he's potty trained.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 3:28 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Yeah, you can't really get good quality ones anywhere besides online. At least not on Long Island. I like Green & Comfy, and Peppermint Twist. You can find these on eBay or etsy.com or is it esty.com.....
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• YUP!!! You got some good answers here!!! I use bum genuis and love them. I don't like the velcro. It wears out quick but after a year, I still love them and have never had a leaking prob. I breast fed for 5 months and they worked great. Now she's got diarrhea from teething and they still amaze me.

I spent about $500 on the whole set up and saved at least $2000 doing cloth! Not only that, it saves their bum from so many rashes that crappy disposables give.

Like PP all have said, online is your best bet!! There is a new pocket kind that you don't have to separate the liner. It just washes out! I can't remember the name of them but I'd like to try them!!
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 5:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I bought my prefolds at walmart. They are very inexpensive which was nice because I didn't feel the need to take extra care for them in the wash because I could easily replace them. They won't leak if you fasten them to a perfect fit. They don't sell covers for them so those you can easily find online.

The diapers mentioned above are nice, but you don't always have to go that route. The first four months of my sons life were in the prefold and I loved them. Now we make our cloth diapers. I still use the prefolds as soakers in them over night and such.

I personally really like them.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 5:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2009