SO always sick

I am a generally healthy person. I rarely get sick, maybe once or twice a year, and I rarely get injured. My SO on the other hand gets sick or hurt all the time, I swear like 2-3 times a month. Please don't start bashing, i love my SO and would, and do, take care of him. BUT at the same time I get immensely frustrated with it. It effects our sex life and just our personal time together. I know he isn't faking, it is honest sickness or injury. I was just wondering if anyone else gets frustrated or resentful if they're in this type of situation too, and how do they handle it?

chrissifaye

Asked by chrissifaye at 2:09 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• Try not to judge the other person by using resentment. Treat them the way you would like to be treated if you were in the same situation. If your SO is that sick, they should go to the doctor and see why they get sick all the time.
    Hanapana

Answer by Hanapana at 2:11 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• My EX was always moaning and groaning. It was so hard to feel bad for him because he never accepted any help. He would tell me to quit treating him like he was a baby.. I was only trying to look after him. After a while I gave up. I would get really angry because I felt like it was an excuse to just sit around and be lazy... So he's an EX, if I'm gonna do things on my own I figured I might as well be on my own...
    Anonymous

• if he is sick all the time, is he not doing anything around the house? are his illnesses preventing him from being the man? i had two ex's that pulled that crap on me. one had really bad immunity or something and the other was a construction worker who would injure himself- after awhile i realized that though i loved them, i needed something a smidge extra- like a relationship instead of a constant pity party. the man i finally married is also a construction worker (ironically was the guy who worked with my ex and they would keep injuring each other). he'll lose a toenail at work but still pick me up and carry me to bed if i fell asleep on the couch. IT FEELS SO NICE.
    spazlilsister

Answer by spazlilsister at 2:20 PM on Jul. 28, 2009