Please help me explain or show the reason why someone shouldn't buckle theirselves and a child together using one seat belt even if just to go down the road, or they or the person driving is a safe driver....ASAP...Please help me find a way to get this through to them ???

Help explaining child safety to grandparents and in-laws????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• Because most accident happen close to home and if someone were to get into an accident they could totally crush the child! Umm its illegal. If its your child I would say because I said NO! HTH
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 2:13 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• ummm i think you are a bit of a helicopter mom!

but if i was you i would just be myself and explain you are a concerned mom nicely
    Anonymous

• my 8 year old would never sit in a legal booster!lol! he would be so humiliated,lol
    Anonymous

• Well, let's see..... doing so it about as smart as putting your baby in a papoose pack on your chest then doing a series of chest bumps with a sumo wrestler...... or running chest first into a brick wall. just plain irresponsible, abusive, neglectful and stupid. Let's examine the sandwich; (side A)seat belt (designed to lock solid becoming a steel-bar-like object (side B) a grown human body being thrust towards the seat belt with the force of a jet engine (and the center of the sandwich) a baby....... do you really think the baby will survive the impact?
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:17 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• you are going to hurt their feelings unless you buy them a bigger car!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:18 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• just because they are a good driver doesnt mean everyone else is and some ahole could slam into them. If that is the case, they arent in their car seat and could fly out the windshield and die... could die IN the car. I'm a cautious and very good driver but last November some ahole was speeding and ran thru a stop sign and totalled my car. It's illegal, don't let them around your baby if they will do that. they want to put YOUR child in danger? My accident happened on the corner of my block when I was coming home from grabbing breakfast, it was an odd hour, 10 in the morning. WHO speeds at 10 in the morning for goodness sake...
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 2:19 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• life is not perfect! do the best u can!
    Anonymous

• they grew up when moms drove home from the hospital hlding their babies, look at it that way and do not be a self-righteous snob about it but maybe have them just take one child at a time. if car is small
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:21 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• holding not hiding
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:22 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• seatbelt have nothing to do with peoples morals lol!
    Anonymous