am I being selfish?

My baby shower is august 29th..im due september 6th..well, my babys fathers grandma is throwing the baby shower and is giving her side of the family beautiful pink invitations because im having a girl and brought me a stack of green and blue invitations for a boy..90% of my decorations are boy decorations..
now, im not looking for a big fancy baby shower..but i would like a little respect..i dont feel its right that i get boyish invitations while their side of the family gets beautiful pink ones and i dont feel its right my decorations are boyish..and i dont feel its right that my baby shower is so close to my due date and i wont really have time to get everything i need that i didnt get at the shower..
on top of that, she doesnt know that i know the date of the baby shower..she told me i wasnt aloud to know but my babys fathers mom told me..THE INVITATIONS AREN'T EVEN FILLED OUT! they are completely blank!
am i selfish?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i pretty much dont even want this baby shower anymore..
    Anonymous

• No your not being slefish. Thats rude of her to do that to you. She should know not to have the shower that close to your due date. And having boyish decorations and cards when your having a girl for your side that is also rude. I wish i had some advice for you but i didnt have a shower at all. Good luck and just try not to think about it and enjoy yourself when the day comes.
    Anonymous

• I dont think it's selfish. I mean, this is to celerate your baby and the grandmother is being a bit rude. And it stinks having a baby shower so close to the due date. Mine was two weeks before my due date and guess what? I ended up having my daughter the week before my shower. Haha. I ended up having the baby shower a month later.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry!! Thats not selfish at all. I'm due Sept. 17th and I'm having my shower on the 29th as well. I've been having baby shower issues as well. I hope it all works out for you and this turns out to be a wonderful celebration for you and your LO.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 2:36 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• no that's not selfish at all. she should have split the invitations that way your family and friends will still get some pink.
    as for the date, that is VERY close. last yr, i was due on sept 6, had my shower on aug 16, and my son was born aug 20. i hope that you will be able to go to your shower and that it's before you have the baby. she should have put more thought into the date.
    and why would she give you blank invitations when you're not supposed to know the date and time. what a genius!!! (((sarcasm)))
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 2:40 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Thanks ladies! you definately made me feel alot better
    I didnt want to seem ungrateful
    Anonymous

• Awww, August 29th baby showers!=] Mine is the 29th too but I'm not due til October 2nd but the doctors are thinking the middle of september now.
    Your whole post seems like deja-vu to me..Daddies family got the pretty pink invites while Mommies family got the "We are keeping the sex a surprise!" invites. I have alot of blue decorations. You know what I did? Set the invitations they gave me aside and bought BETTER PINK ONES then they had!
    They tried telling me that the puerto rican tradition is to not let the mother know when the shower is but daddy told me anyways lol. So I was able to fill out the "blank" invites. They just wanted me to show up looking like a lazy, exhausted beat up pregnant lady and not have MY family and friends there.
    I don't think you are being selfish at all. I feel the SAME way you do. That is supposed to be a special day for you and your daughter and I hope you are able to enjoy it!<3
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 3:01 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• how the heck are you supposed to invite YOUR family and friends if you're not supposed to know when it is? That's pretty frikkin' stupid, IMO. And that's REALLY close to your due date. I'd be upset too. Buy some better invitation if you can, and just to piss her off, invite a TON of people!
    Mick86Sara

Answer by Mick86Sara at 3:43 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• dont go to the baby shower....plan on being gone that day...one last girls night out before the baby come....one last trip to the middle of nowhere by yourself before the baby come....but im mean so
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 3:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• aww, you're not being selfish! that is so close to your due date & not fair! i kinda agree with mamaof2boys0709 - although, i've been an extra-bitter prego lady. my mom & SO's mom are planning our shower & the only thing i wanted a say in was the date.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 5:13 PM on Jul. 28, 2009