How do you announce a small bridal party at the reception?

My sister is getting married in October. I am her matron of honor, and her fiance's brother is the best man. The only other people in the wedding party are my dd (flower girl) and the groom's son (ring bearer).

How are small wedding party's announced at the reception? My sister would like to have my dh escort me, and the best man's fiance escort him, and also announce my other children (2 boys) who aren't in the wedding party either.

Is that too much? Should the announcements just be:

matron of honor escorted by best man

Parents of the bride

Parents of the groom

Flower girl/Ring bearer
Bride & groom

Any suggestions are appreciated.

ARmom

Asked by ARmom at 2:36 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• Maybe announce the wedding party and then acknowldge your hubby and kids and best man's fiance. Will there be a head table? At weddings I've been to the head table gets introduced and then the emcee will acknowledge people the couple want him to, like people who've travelled really far, grandparents, etc. That would be a good time to intro the your hubby and the others.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:45 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• That sounds great or go to plan B....

HEY EVERYBODY WE ARE  GETTING MARRIED!!!!congratulations

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I've been married 3 times and attended many weddings and never had anyone in the wedding party be announced at the reception so sorry can't help you on this one.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:53 PM on Jul. 28, 2009