baby colds?

my 8 month old has a cold (well so does the whole house) is there anything i can do for her, runny nose cough raspy(???) voice

angelmommy83338

Asked by angelmommy83338 at 2:39 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Baby saline drops and the nasal bulb thingy, is what my pediatrician recommended.
    Also, if they have like a bounct chair or something, sit in the bathroom with them with the shower running hot so they can breathe the steam. (prolly good for you too)
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 2:42 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• :( my shower is broken and my awesome landlord wont fix it and we dond have a humidifier
    angelmommy83338

Answer by angelmommy83338 at 2:57 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• You can try making a tent with blankets and a realllllly hot bowel of water (of course keeping baby away from it). The best thing you can do is the saline drops and the booger suger (lol thats what we call the asperator) and constantly suck their noses. Sometimes it helps if they can sleep someone inclined. And you can try giving your baby a sink bath the Johnsons Vapor Bath, but NEVER use vapor rub. Thats about all you can do unfortunately, as long as their isnt anything in their lungs the best you can do is wait it out and try to keep them comfortable.
    MommyFlood

Answer by MommyFlood at 3:12 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Yes, use the saline drops (baby won't like it) and the booger-sucker thing (baby REALLY won't like it). Monitor the cough... if your baby's breathing sounds raspy, head to the ped's office! They sometimes prescribe breathing treatments.
    - I think you can contact authorities with your county/state if your landlord is a stinker and won't fix the shower - Good luck!!!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 8:15 PM on Jul. 28, 2009