• In the Spotlight:

where can i get help with school supplies and clothes for my kids star school?

i live in san antonio i am a stay at home mom my chid support hasn't come in and i really need help! so if anyone knows where i can get help please let me know..

sandram27

Asked by sandram27 at 2:55 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in

• idk if you have a walmart or target out there but their school supplies are really cheap and you can go to consignment shops for clothes
    Anonymous

• What is a star school?
    Anonymous

• Did you go through last year's school supplies to see what is salvageable?

Answer by rkoloms at 3:28 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Ask at your church they usually help families in need. What is a star school?
    BLACKBUTTERFLY1

Answer by BLACKBUTTERFLY1 at 4:54 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I think she may have meant "start" rather than "star"
    Anonymous

• Yeah...walmart has crayons and glue for 15 cents here. 1 subject notebooks are 5 cents each. You better believe I'm stocking up here and there when I have a few extra bucks.

You might want to call the Salvation Army in your area, here they help with school supplies.
    banshee70

Answer by banshee70 at 9:07 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Go to Office Max this week. 1 penny for crayons. .25 for an entire box of erasers. .20 for scissors.
    Then go to Target. Pencil cases are .50, 4 glue sticks for 20 cents, pack of 5 spiral note books for 60 cents, tissues .33, rose art paints are .50, construction paper is .88 for a big pack. You should be able to get it all around five bucks if you shop around.
    For clothes why don't you look at Old Navy's clearance racks this week. This week they're doing 50% off the lowest price on all of the clearance. I got two skirts today for $3.49
    Anonymous

• contact your local dhs & health depts for a list of low income family resources. if your indian some tribes offer an allowance for back to school clothes & free school supplies. until then hit the garage sales, thrift sores, clearance racks, craigslist, ebay, & check out your hometown church for any donation clothing. if you have kids in a 3yr old or 4yr old program @ headstart they can help you alot w/ financial assistance.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 9:04 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• For SAISD you can contact Stella Garza for supplies and uniforms. She can refer you to two different programs. 210-223-1506
    jasandalexmom

Answer by jasandalexmom at 4:00 PM on Aug. 22, 2012