Having a hard time leaving my daughter at school / daycare!

It seems now that my daughter hates school and wants to spend all her time with mommy (me) and its a fight to drop her off at school. Any ideas on how to make this process easier? I have talked with all of her teachers and no one is picking on her or anything, so I have no idea where to go with the problem. Then the other day, she pushed one kid off the slide and kicked another one in the head.

mommyfeb11

Asked by mommyfeb11 at 2:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Is it possible for you to read to her class or be more involved the the school activities? You could also take and picture of the both of you together and put it in her lunch. Or maybe if she is good you can promise to do something special with just her like playing a special game together or taking a walk together. She might just miss you!
    thekinseyfam

Answer by thekinseyfam at 9:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• When I started kindergarden my mom would drop me off every morning, hug me goodbye and then give me a Hershey's kiss candy. She would always say to me something about how I was a big girl now, but if i felt like I needed her while at school just remember she left me with a kiss. Then at lunch I would get to eat my special chocolate, or if I was having a rough day I could just remember she was kissing me and we could share the chocolate when I got home. Its sappy now that i'm grown and look back but I can honestly remember that making it easier to deal with being separated, because if I ever felt lonely I reached in my pocket and there was a kiss from my mom. Maybe you could send her with something little like that, where she can keep it with her but not distract the other children, and then she'll know you're still thinking about her and have something special to share with you.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 9:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I Had Trouble Dropping My son Off At Preschool Because Everytime I Would Leave He Would Run Out The The Classroom After Me. Well Then The Teacher Told Me To Sign Him And Just Leave And After A While It Worked . And After It worked He Would Give Me And His Brother a Hug And A Kiss And Bye Mommy And Avery.
    pellow12

Answer by pellow12 at 10:12 PM on Jul. 28, 2009