14 month old will not eat table food! help!

He only has 5 teeth.. but i try to give him little pieces of bread and he gets freaked out and spits it out. Anything he has to chew he gags and spits it out. I don't know what i'm doing wrong. His Dr. says its okay there's no rush but I don't know how to get him to want to eat table food. He isn't the type to pick up anything and just put it in his mouth like cheerios either.. He just plays with them... Can anyone help me??

syn84

Asked by syn84 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• actually your doc is right. try soft things like mash potatoes or applesause first and as he eat them add stuff to like chopped veggies. my daughter is now 2 and she's a picky eater. but when she was that age she would eat mash potatoes like no end. don't get frustrated because he's gonna get there too. take it slow and you'll be on here trying to get him to STOP eatting everything, lol...good luck
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 3:05 PM on Jul. 28, 2009