Why does the heart do this to us?

Why does the heart want what the heart wants? Why is it such a stubborn thing? It makes so much more sense to love someone who loves us back unconditionally, so why is it that my heart aches for someone who doesn't ache for me? Why do I love him so? He does not feel the same way about me, so why not move on and find someone who does?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• i think the day that we make sense of that question, will be moments before we find the meaning to life.
    spazlilsister

Answer by spazlilsister at 3:41 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• In such cases I find it better to think with the head.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 4:14 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i have a friend going through the exact problem. i think women see the future and see the possibility with the man in it. men on the other hand will try out a relationship and if it doesnt work out they just move on but by that time the women have gotten used to the idea of the future. this sounds horrible but we sometimes fall for the man that we can not have. if the man leaves the relationship they usually do not tell the woman why and she never gets closure and keeps hurting over the man.
    Anonymous

• There is so much behind us getting caught up in what's called Unrequited Love. It's a great thing to research to help yourself understand it better.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I'm there with you lady- I love my husband, but I also love his brother. As a man and my fun brother in law. He's expressed a interest in me and it was hard to turn it down.
    the only thing I can say from this experience is that once I just accepted it as something that was, it was much easier to deal with it. It wasn't as consuming as it was.

Life is a wierd ride, but I'll take that over a boring one :)
    Anonymous

• i'm kinda in the same position i guess that's one of the questions i'll ask God when i die
    heatherfoutch

Answer by heatherfoutch at 9:02 PM on Jul. 28, 2009