how many of you had an ultra sound and...

they said it was a boy or a girl only to find out later that it was the opposite of what they said it was going to be! I have been hearing stories from sooo many people I know saying that they were told it was a girl which is what i was told and they went out and bought all kinds of girly things and when the baby came it ended up being a boy I am sooo freaking!! I just wonder how often the ultra sound tech is wrong!

VanessaCalhoun

Asked by VanessaCalhoun at 3:35 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i was worried to and everytime i had an ultrasound i made them double check to make sure it still looked like a girl..i had a lot of ultrasounds tho due to high risk pregnancy..just have them double check if you have another one..i havent heard of it happening recently, but i have heard of that happening years ago..technology is more advanced now tho.
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 7:51 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I didn't find out the sex of my child, but I, too, have heard of this happening...
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 3:37 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• We were told that they were 99% sure we were having a boy...and after 2 girls we were more than excited. Now they are telling us they are 99% sure we are having another girl. So...we aren't quite sure what we are having. Not that we aren't excited either way...but it does dash your hopes a little when you get used to the idea of one or the other. We'll find out in about 10 weeks....if I'm on time this time.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 3:37 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I worried about the same thing. It never happened to me, but we had a server at a BBQ place here that had it happen to her. She didn't keep any receipts, and was stuck with all this pink stuff for her baby boy!

Keep your receipts, and relax! It's all good!
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 3:38 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• it did not happen to me but it happened to my sister in law. her first ultra sound they told her it was a girl and on the second ultra sound they told her it was a boy and it came out a boy.
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 3:38 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I haven't found out about mine yet- although they tell me its 99% that its going to be a boy. I'm not going to get my hopes up right yet, bc I was supposed to be a boy! Man, was my dad surprised when he saw me lol!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 3:40 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• It was correct for everyone in my family. That is 13 + babies. I actually do not know anyone who it has happened too.
    I have heard it happening, but I think it much less common then people think.
    Good luck!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:45 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• my sister is an RN in L&D, and she says it has happened a lot that the women "know" what they are having due to an ultrasound, and then it is wrong. I would say most often trust that it is right but so many women have babies every day it is bound to happen that some will not be right.
    Anonymous

• w/ my 1st we had 3 ultrasounds & was never 100% sure about the sex of the baby until SHE arrived. w/ my 2nd HE announced himself w/ no doubts on the ultrasound pics.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 4:09 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I would say earlier on when boy parts and girl parts look almost identical it's easier to mistake things. It's also easier if the legs are crossed and it's more of a guess. But trust me, if you have an ultrasound later on....20 weeks or after, if it's a boy you'll KNOW it's a boy....my sons 22 week ultrasound picture showed two legs, a large sac and his acorn peeking out over the sac...there was NO questioning the fact He WAS a HE!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:04 PM on Jul. 28, 2009