lists on what to bring to hospital when i give birth?

i would like to know what to have ready for the hospital when i go into labor for me my husband son and new baby? thank you!

cleo2582

Asked by cleo2582 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hard candy to suck on during labor, and softball or something to massage your back when in labor, soap tp take a shower afterwards, an outfit to go home in (you and the baby) a infant carseat something to do, a camara
    kahlynsmommy1

Answer by kahlynsmommy1 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• If your husband is planning on staying make sure you pack him a change of clothes. If you want your own gown you can pack that but know you will be bleeding and may not want to get yours dirty. You will need your own bathroom stuff like soap and shampoo. A shower after you have your baby will make you feel great. Contacts or glasses, slippers to walk around, and for the baby little mittens. Really the hospital will have everything you need! Good luck and congrats
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 3:53 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I brought: tooth brush/tooth paste; chap stick; deodorant; shampoo/conditioner; comfortable loose pjs; slippers and a bathrobe; loose comfy clothes to come home in; camera; cell phone and charger. I don't know if you preregistered-so I would bring your insurance card and id just incase; singles for the vending machines for your son and husband if they want to take a walk and get a snack. I brought with me a book (and took full advantage of the baby sleeping in the nursery-I didn't BF) or something to do if I couldn't sleep.

For your son, I would make sure he has a bag of new activities--if you go to the dollar store and get him coloring books and crayons-etc that should keep him occupied. I just find that their everyday toys don't keep them busy in a new place. When my second was born the baby had given her older sister a gift (we went out and picked out a new toy and had it wrapped and gave it to her at the hospital)
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 3:54 PM on Jul. 28, 2009