Why do YOU think this country is headed for socialism?

Specific examples please. This should not turn into a Obama bashfest.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Because our president is a socialist, by all appearances.

The "spread the wealth around" and "those to make more must do more" are typical socialist views.
    Anonymous

• I don't know, but I'll bet Obama thinks he has all kinds of "teachable moments" for us.

The unmitigated gall....................................................
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 3:46 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• popcorn

Anonymous

• SPECIFIC examples please. I keep hearing Obama is a socialist. Please educate me about why people think that.
    Anonymous

• Ugh..Socialism is not a bad thing like you fear mongers make it out to be. Don't we all pay SOCIAL security and hope to one day collect it when we are older. Libraries, roads, parks, etc are all taxpayer funded so they must be socialist, right?
    Anonymous

• "We need to spread the wealth around"-- straight out of the Marxist handbook.

He said that at a rally before he was elected. I BELIEVE he was talking to Joe the Plumber, if I'm not mistaken.
    Anonymous

• "Because our president is a socialist, by all appearances."

I look like a goth because I have dark hair and wear black eyeliner. By all appearances, I am a goth. But I'm not really a goth. I don't follow that lifestyle, I don't listen to the music, and I don't hold the same beliefs.

Oh, and for the record, many members of the socialist party have said themselves that Obama isn't a socialist. Maybe try talking to someone who's registered in that party, and they can explain why.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:56 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Every country that has attempted socialism has failed at socialism, and set the country back decades. But because we're America it won't happen to us, right???

Please.
    Anonymous

• Didn't Joe the plumber get welfare yet he bashed these "socialist views"?
    Anonymous

• If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck... maybe it's really a DUCK???

Just saying...
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 3:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2009