My 15-month old daughter throws a tantrum everytime her dad touches me even just for a second. We thought it was a phase, but it's been 3 months now! I know it's just jealousy, but how do I ease the tantrums? Has anyone else experienced this? Help please!

ameliasmom113

Asked by ameliasmom113 at 3:49 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter does this when I go NEAR my husband. If you get some good advice on this, I would love to hear it.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 3:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I'd say just let her throw it --If you give in and stop touching your hubby, she will learn that she can control you--and will continue to throw them. --So i would just let her throw it but i certainly wouldn't stop giving affection to my hubby just because she's throwing a fit.
    Lanasmom

Answer by Lanasmom at 4:00 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I agree with Lanasmom,, you can not allow her to control what you and your DH want to do. Children need to know what is right and wrong. I have been through it. You must just ignore her, when she realizes she is not getting attention when she acts that way she will stop. Maybe include her in some group hugs here and there.
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 4:05 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Let her throw her tantrum. If you stop getting close to your husband, she will know that she's winning and you're giving in. Ignore her behavior, she'll stop.
    s.t.e.p.h

Answer by s.t.e.p.h at 4:57 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• My son has done this since he could walk - maybe even before that. He doesn't like anyone hugging me - he's finally after many months ok with me and my husband, His DAD, to hug - but we try to show lots of affection like hugs and kisses and we catch him watching us when we are playing and laughing with each other and he smiles at us laughing together.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2009