Do you ever wonder why you had children?

It makes me feel bad to even ask the question but I am a SAHM to 3.5 year old and sometimes I just feel like it would be nice to have my old life back where I could do whatever I wanted and especially without attitude! I only have moments like this once in a while but it makes me feel guilty!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think everyone has that moment at least once. Especially if you are overwhelmed.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 4:06 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• You aren't alone. And I think that most people that tell you they have never felt this way...are lying. Parenting is tough...but you love your child right? And at the end of the day you know that you wouldn't change anything?

Try to get out of the house for some Mommy time. Find a sitter, have daddy watch the little one and find other moms in your area that can relate. You are NOT alone. :) Trust me.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 4:06 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I think it is normal to have some moments of wanting your life back. But I would not change my life what so ever. You know when your child is a teenager and starting to drive or move out or get married, etc. You are going to wish that they were 3.5 again. I look at it as time goes by to fast with my DD. She is going on 7 and I wish she was little in my arms again. But I agree I do have moments where I wish I could just pick up and go vacation somewhere, or be a young person again and party one night. But I love my life in the end.
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 4:08 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• exactly what suzyb said!
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 4:14 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• yes - today is one of those days - lol:)
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 4:17 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• no, i was ready to have kids when we planned both pregnancies, my old life was not what i wanted anymore, i was ready to settle down & start a family & wouldn't trade it for anything in the world
    Anonymous

• Sometimes I wonder why I got pregnant....
    My due date is in a couple of days and there are times when I just wish I never got here. But on the other hand if I was seriously given the choice I wouldn't have it any other way. That doesn't really make sense and I'm going to blame my hormones.
    jachelle

Answer by jachelle at 6:06 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Yea and seriously we all have moments like that, they pass. Doesn't mean we love our kiddos any less or are a bad parent. Just means we are human and most likely passed our stress threshold for the day.
    cateachinmama

Answer by cateachinmama at 11:10 PM on Jul. 28, 2009