Do you make your "big" kids buckle?

Some of my friends have said they don't make their teenagers buckle up in the back seat ( a 13 nad 15 yr old). Also my dd rode home with a fmily the other day and she said they didnt wear seat belts. I was shocked. I didnt know anyone went without seat belts anymore. I know some adults dont always...but I thought most "normal" people buckled their kids. Do you always make your kids buckle?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 4:10 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes all the time..no sit belt i dont move the car

Anonymous

• Absolutely. My kids are still young though...but they know enough to the point where they tell us if we don't get the seat belt on quick enough. :) Well, my oldest. My youngest is only 18 months.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 4:13 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• yes
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 4:14 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• yes, anyone in the car, adult or child, i make them buckle up if I am driving or not.
    Mick86Sara

Answer by Mick86Sara at 4:18 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• yes one because it is safe and two because it is the law in my state that any one under the age of 18 must be buckled. I am not going to get a ticket over something so simple as snapping a seat belt.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:20 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• My DD is 17 and bc of how she was raised, that is the first thing she does, even if out with friends and makes her friends buckle up, my other two are the same way, to them buckling up is like breathing air, it must be done..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:22 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• yes. I make my in laws buckle up too. I can see them get irritated and I just chuckle to myself.
    Anonymous

• yes! My daughter is 20, lives on her own and still everytime I am with her and she gets in her car I say "Buckle up" I think it is safest. And in my state it is the law that all people must wear seatbelts regardless of age. I would let your daughter know that she should always wear her seatbelt even if others aren't.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 4:26 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Only if they want the car to move, lol. I was in a minor car accident with my kids several years ago. I know they were kept safe b/c of seat belts. If they hadn't been wearing them & the little ones in car seats, they would have been thrown all over the vehicle & seriously injured. As it was, they were a bit shaken but not physically harmed at all.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 4:28 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• In the state of California it's the law. My child would no longer ride with that family.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2009