Would it be weird to send a thank you card?

I've been having problems with an account I just opened at my bank and the only one who was really able to help (and didn't give me any attitude) is the woman who originally helped me at the branch. I feel like she really went above and beyond to fix the situation. Would it be odd if I sent her a thank you card?

msnicole88

Asked by msnicole88 at 4:10 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think that she would really appreciate it. People like to know that they are appreciated for what they do.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 4:12 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i don't think so - it would just show your appreciation.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 4:12 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Do it. Be sure to also send a letter to the branch manager. If someone went above and beyond, they deserve to be thanked and their boss needs to know (be specific in the letter to the boss stating exactly what was done to assist you. This will help with her periodic evaluation)
    bocamom62

Answer by bocamom62 at 4:14 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• maybe send a comment card or speak to the Manager to say that that employee is doing an excellent job and made sure you were able to get done what you intended, something like that, although they have so many thank you note cards now you could probably find one that really fits your situation
    Anonymous

• Nope, not at all. I did this the other day. I was having a problem with my son's insurance and I called and got the run around from three different people. I called back and got this really nice and helpful, she really impressed me. So I sent a think you card.
    I think that people should praise peoples niceness more. We tend to complain a lot as a society, wouldn't it be nice to compliment someone for a change?
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:14 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Wow that was a lot of typos... I must need more coffee! :p
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:16 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I think t is a wonderful gesture.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:18 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I don't think so, I work at and electrical Sub contractor, and some peole send us Thank you cards or gift card. I think it's nice.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 4:19 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Definately send the card and let the manager know. It would be nice if more people made a big deal out of someone doing a good job. It seems like people will always make sure to let someone know when they are NOT happy but never seem to put the same effort into it when they ARE happy. I think sending the card is a GREAT idea and you will make that persons day.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 4:21 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• No I think it would be wonderful! Also send a letter to the branch manager maybe she will get some recognition from them too.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2009