thank you cards for baby shower guests

so my baby shower is going to be on August 30th.

Im due November 10th.

My mom has said that I should send them out ASAP, right after the baby shower.

Is that typical? Should I wait until after the baby is born so I can send a holiday thank you card? What did you do?

Dom123123

Asked by Dom123123 at 4:23 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• definitely don't wait until the baby is born, that's months later. do it asap
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i wouldnt send a thank you card lol but if i was going to i guess i would do it right after
    Anonymous

• Are you having a shower or a gift-grab?
    Anonymous

• Do it right away.

Answer by Bmat at 4:29 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• right away. Write down what everyone gets you and try to make the Thank-you notes as personal as you can.
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• dont know what a gift grab is. But I am giving thank you cards to everyone that shows up not just the people who buy stuff.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 4:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i always send thank you cards, yes the presents are nice cuz you NEED them, but a shower is also supposed to be about celebrating together that you are expecting, i don't know if celebrating is the right word, nyway, why not send a thank you card? Don't you appreciate the gitfs? I've been to parties/showers where they spend a lot of money on just the party, and then they take your gift, and when do you hear from them again--the following year when they want another gift, i think not sending thank you cards is just rude
    Anonymous

• anon :35 I dont think you read correctly. I said I would but I didnt know if you're supposed to wait until the baby is born or send them right away.

PLEASE BEFORE YOU ANSWER A QUESTION READ IT
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 28, 2009