Is this normal?

My son will be 8 months old on the 12th and he has been the EASIEST baby...till now. If he sees anyone leave the room (mommy, daddy, stranger, doesn't matter) he screams and it doesn't matter what he was doing before. If I lay him down to be changed, he cries. Take too long to give him another spoon of food, he cries. If I don't hold his bottle and take it out when he wants, he cries. He used to be fine with all of these things and trust, me we haven't spoiled him. He's loved but has always had his alone time and isn't carried around everywhere.

I never come running if he's just fussing, but lately he goes from 1 to 10 without any warning or real reason besides he's pissed that we didn't do something perfect.

What happened to my little angel? Please tell that this is normal, and any advice would be soooo appreciated.

ours

Asked by ours at 4:26 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Babies go through periods of equilibrium (when everything is great) and disequilibrium (where nothing can make them happy). He is probably trying to figure out the world around him and just realized that Mammy will come back if he "calls" for you and that he can influence his surroundings by how he acts. He is growing and learning ans when he figures out whatever it is he is working on he will go back into a phase of equilibrium for awhile. No worries - it's normal!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 4:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Well it definitely sucks. I can't wait until my husband's days off because I need a little break.
    ours

Answer by ours at 4:46 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• My son never let me leave the room without crying. It is frustrating. Then when I pick him up he is fine. He just wants to be held. then again he has been like this since we brought him home.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 4:51 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• My daughter still does this, and she's 18 months. >< and I'm about to throw her whole world off by having a baby in 3 weeks.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 6:12 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• LOL bless your heart... try giving him a toy or singing to him while completing a diaper change. Singing and dancing like a goofball goes a long way!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 8:10 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• totally normal. kylie did that when she turned 8 months. it was happening for a couple months but she's fine now.
    DeathBat

Answer by DeathBat at 11:19 PM on Jul. 29, 2009