Does he say "I love you" ?

I know my husband loves me we are very happy. And he tells me he loves me all the time, BUT only after I tell him first...why can't he just come up to me and tell me "i love you", out of nowhere like I tell him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• Don't take it personally. He is your husband and he says it back to you. There are times that my DH tells me he loves me first, but I also didn't know it was a contest who could tell who I love you first. Men are made completely different from us women. They show there affection in different ways than we do. My husband will some days come up to me after a long day at work and wrap his arms around me and love on me and there are days that he doesn't. I don't put a label of our love on it if he doesn't do this. Plus I've read a lot into men and relationships. Just don't look to into things. He comes home to you, he sleeps with you, and he tells you that he loves you..
    If you are so badly wanting him to say those words first, then why don't you try not saying them at all until he does. Sometimes you have to show them how it feels to get it in return. Or maybe you say it so much that he doesn't have time to say it first.
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 6:05 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Let me know. My husband is the same way.
    Anonymous

• Do you know that he loves you? If the answer is yes, then the words should not matter.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Different people express affection in different ways. Don't get hung up on this.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• nope, mine isn't into touchy feely stuff. The best I can get out of him is "I don't dislike you". LOL

Answer by admckenzie at 4:28 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• My husband says "I love you" all the time! He is a very affectionate person and I appreciate it greatly!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 4:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Mine tells me I love you all the time and he shows it in many ways. I am very affectionate too. If you know in your hear that he loves you just tell him how nice it feels to hear it now and then, maybe he will tell you more often.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 4:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• my hubby says it to me all the time. he just stares at me sometimes when we're in bed and out of no where he'll say I LOVE YOU and he'll kiss me and cuddle with me. he's always been like this, well ever since he started saying it at least.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• At least he says it back. My SO is usually the one who says it first. It doesn't mean that I love him less, I would rather SHOW him that I love him instead of just tell him. If your husband shows you that he loves you && you know he does then it doesn't really matter how often he says it. If it truly bothers you, then why don't you just tell him that you would like for him to say it more??
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Mine is a I'll tell you with sex kinda guy.Damn he is always trying to hump me! LOL I don't mind. He tells me with his words enough-at least once a day.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2009