why do i have such a hard time letting go of the past?

anything that happens to me i remember it for a long time and take it very personal.its upsetting what can i do to not be that way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• Man, you sound like me. But I not only can't let go of my past, I can't let go of other people's pasts either. It has caused arguments that never should have happened in the first place. So when you find out let me know too.
    Anonymous

• join the group. Some of us just need time to process and slowly let go. Perhaps we have hope it will return to what it was at one time. I've had to read a lot of books on letting go and how to fall out of love and other great books to get over some relationships. I don't bond quickly but when I do bond with someone I expect it to be for a very long time.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:37 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• because you were hurt and sometimes when you get hurt, it scars you for life.
    worried546

Answer by worried546 at 6:54 PM on Jul. 28, 2009