• In the Spotlight:

Has there ever been a time that you couldn't feed your child at the normal lunch time?

Like if you were out doing something and you couldn't feed them at the "normal" lunch time(12-1 o'clock).And you end up having to feed them a late lunch at like 3-3:30.If so,did you feel guilty? Every so often,I have to do that and it always makes me feel bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes, that has happened, but we usually try to find a snack, like a banana, or some yogurt.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I've never even considered it but I'm such a schedule freak. If it did happen, I'd probably feel pretty bad. I know it's silly though, it's not like you're starving them.
    ours

Answer by ours at 4:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• It's happened. I try to remember to bring snacks if we're going out for more than a couple hours.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Yes... to answer the question, it does make me feel bad. :(
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:35 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• yes, but i've always gave them cereal or something liitle to hold them over. It happens to us all- Your child wont starve cause lunch is 2hrs or so delayed!
    worried546

Answer by worried546 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I have done that quite a few times. We have never been super structured. But now, no more. Ds is having nutritional issues (not due to that so don't worry) but now we have to have set times for every meal every day from now til forever!! OK maybe not forever, but we have to structure it until his issues are solved, so I imagine after today I will feel horribly guilty if it happens. I never felt guilty before.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 5:13 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I only feel bad if they start to get cranky because that usually means that they are really hungry. If we are going to be out and there is any possibility that we might not be home in time for lunch I pack a snack of some sort. Whether a bag of teddy grahams or something. If something happens and for some reason I didn't pack a snack there are $1 fries at Burger King. That is always a special treat.
    Anonymous

• Hun that's the real world. I doubt your children were hurt by missing lunch. I usually carry a few healty snacks and juice or water if we are going out. And sometimes we do like annon said and get ice cream or some treat. But there are bigger things to worry about with kids.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:02 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• We don't have schedules. Lunch is USUALLY between 11am and noon but if we eat later then that then whatever. It happens all the time. Yesterday the kids at 12:30pm, an hour and a half later then normal. It doesn't bother me or the kids.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2009