Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

babysitters affair???

ok so sitter is getting a divorce and is moving someplace new to watch the kids i'm ok with that i'll drive if i have to since child care is alittle to pricey for me
but question is would you be comfortable with sitter living in new "boyfriends" house??? i've know the sitter and her husband for years and both love my daughter but this new guy i dont know and i cant take someones word on him when its my child in some house i dont know...
how would you feel?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

Answers (7)
  • I couldn't leave my child in someone's house that I didn't know and trust. I know that you've had the sitter for a long time now, but I'd still be uncomfy leaving my children at the new boyfriend's house.

    Answer by KennsWifey at 4:38 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

  • Nope, my child won't be expose to strangers because of the "problems" of a sitter. Follow your gut instinct, mom's have a kin sense for these things, if it doesn't feel right, don't risk it.

    Answer by bebita at 4:38 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

  • If I were any bit uncomfortable with her situation I would say I will find childcare elsewhere until you can work out your personal issues or watch my child at my house because I dont want my child in the middle of that type of issue

    Answer by Dom123123 at 4:38 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

  • is the boyfriend going to be there while your child is? If not then it doesn't matter.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

  • I dont know if the guy will be there or not i dont know anything about this guy but i kinda botherd me you'd ask your friends to put themselves into your marriage issuse just because you watch our kids i dont like it i just dont have the money to go to a daycare facility

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

  • if i didnt know the guy then i would tell her that as long as my child is there the boyfriend cant be there until i get to no him more and can trust him and if that dont work then do daycare anyway

    Answer by lagurl at 12:21 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

  • I agree that you do not want to leave your child with the sitter and her new boyfriend so soon after the divorce and the fact of the matter being she is not married and has a new love in her life, your children know her and her husband that would not only cause mixed feelings for your children but also for yourself. I would not take my children to her house, but I would suggest letting her babysit the children at your home until you had time to talk with the boyfriend and get to know him and the children to understand what is going on. My DH and I had somewhat the same issue with a family member, well she was like family. Anyway she got a divorce and her and her new man took my girls to the zoo and my youngest came home all upset asking where Uncle Shannon was and because Daddy and I fight was daddy gonna leave like Aunty Cathie left Shannon. Now of course if your kids are older than no issue but if you do not know this guy

    Answer by TimsPrincess1 at 4:24 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.