How do I change a file type on Microsoft Word

Help I need to upload my resume but it keeps telling me this : This file type (.wps) is currently not supported.

What is supported is : Accepted file types: .txt, .rtf, .doc, .docx, .html, .ps, .pdf

So how do I change it from .wps to any of the other accepted files?

ana326

Asked by ana326 at 4:55 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• Open the document. In the menu, select "SAVE AS". When the box opens, it should have an option to select the file type to save using. Select one of the supported file types and save.

If your resume contains graphics I would NOT suggest .txt as it will convert your graphic into text and ruin your formatting. Also, .docx is only supported by the most recent version of MS Word, so it ,ay not be able to open by your recipient.

Your best bets would be .rtf or .doc, though .html or .pdf would also work.

Just make sure once you save as the new file type that you reopen the new saved file to make sure it is still legible and formatted correctly.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:00 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Did you create the file with Word? A .wps file is a Works file. If the file is open, select Save As, then choose .doc from the file type list.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 4:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Thanks so much im going to try it out now and let you know if it works! :)
    ana326

Answer by ana326 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 28, 2009