Where do you keep your fruit?

should fruit go in frig or on table? I'm not sure if the frig will make them rot sooner.

mommylovesu28

Asked by mommylovesu28 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• kinda like what rkoloms said... keep berries and things typically that "age" fast in the fridg.

just keep this as a good rule of thumb - if you want it to RIPE FAST? leave it out. (RIPE FASTER? Leave out where sun hits it)

if you want to keep it "freash" longer, always make sure its in a sealed bag or container in a fruit designated-jawar(?) in the Fridge. >>THAT WAY:: other toxins/oxygen that the other food releases inside ur fridge wont poisen/kill/rott ur fruit<<

-there should be a cubbie/Jawar in the Fridge that you can set the setting to "fruit" or "veggies" & it will moniter the amount of coolness that goes into it - to help keep that "fruit" or "veggies" freasher longer.

hope this helped =)

KalieGirl

Answer by KalieGirl at 12:15 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• i'd like to know more too! usually i keep all fruits and vegies in the fridge..... unless it's very unripe then i leave it on the counter for a couple days. i don;t have too much problems with fruit. i just need to figure out how to keep my vegies longer.
    batsonsgirl

Answer by batsonsgirl at 4:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• look at where you buy them from, if that space is cooled or not
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:00 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• It depends on the fruits. Berries, grapes, apples, stone fruits all go in the refrigerator. Bananas don't go in the refrigerator. Citrus and kiwi depends on age.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:13 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I put mine in the fridge because I prefer to eat my fruit cold. Except bananas. I leave them out.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:46 PM on Jul. 28, 2009