Any ideas for a Tea Party birthday for 6 year old???

My daughter is turning 6 and we have now decided to do a Tea Party themed b-day. We were going to do Wizard of Oz but changed it because we couldn't really afford to do much with it. Have any of you ever done a tea party b-day??? Does anyone have any good ideas for one???

Frogbaby83

Asked by Frogbaby83 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Tons! There's even a book of them. Its called Let's Have a Tea Party! by Emiilie Barnes.

They have the following and if you want particular details PM me and I will give you the details.
    An outdoor Garden Tea
    A Pony Club Tea
    A Best Friend Tea
    A Tea for Little Women (but that revolves around the book and might be a bit old for age 6)
    A Musical Tea
    Tea with Grammy

I've also seen a Teddy Bear Tea in another book, or you could do a Circus Tea. Anyhow the book has recipes, invitation ideas, and ideas for games.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 5:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I had a friend that took her daughter to a tea party. The host had tea cakes and different girly costumes for the girls and it was like going to a regular tea party. You might want to check if you area offers that. And, if you are doing it yourself....finger foods, tea cakes, gift bags, photo's...does it have to be a theme? Sorry, that's the best I can do.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 5:00 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• that sounds so cute, maybe have them make a little something to go with the tea? something easy and fun like ready to use cookie dough to save time?
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 5:06 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Each could frost their own cupcake and add sprinkles. And maybe spread cheese or peanut butter on crackers.

Answer by Bmat at 5:08 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Oh, when my DD was six we had a Princess Tea Party Tea. It was a company who came in and did everything for you. They had a Real Live Cinderella preside over the tea, did "makeovers" dressed in tutu's and costumes that they brought with them. It was fantastic, but a bit pricey. I think with all of our options it cost 300 dollars for the ten girls. But they catered the food for the girls too.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 5:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• My grnaddaughter went to a Tea Party birthday just 2 weeks ago. The invites said dress in her favorite dress up clothes. They had 11 girls plus the birthday girl. They each had name cards but could 'trade places" as the afternoon went on. They served a wonderful orange flavored tea that was warm but not hot. Shortbread cookies and at least 5 others kinds. Her cake was a teakettle shape. The girls played silly games like 'tell a secret" and 'telephone' Mostly they just wanted to tal;k and giggle and eat. My gd had a wonderful time. The nice part was her mother set a ladies tea table for Moms. We actually had a very nice visit. I don't know most of those Moms too well. You could easily make it as simple or as elaborate as you wanted.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:45 PM on Jul. 28, 2009