HELP !! I have a serious case of butt acne! How do I get rid of it?

I'm at a loss on why this keeps happening. I have tried switching to cotton undies and I use pimple cream. Right now I have a ton of butt acne and I'm so embarrassed. If anyone can I help I would appreciate it. I have also tried neutrogena cleansing cloths and Clearasil acne cream. They help a little I keep having outbreaks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• proactive maybe? i use st ives apricot scrub for my face, that might help you. do you shave your butt? could it be ingrown hairs or hemmroids?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:01 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Folliculitis is common on the buttocks. The look like small red dots with white centres. It can be caused by irritation but also sweat. Use a rough cloth in the shower to unplug the follicles. If they're more numerous, see your dematologist for some medication. Minocycline and clindamyacin are commonly used.

Want to try a home remedy first?? Try rubbing alcohol. Swipe the area lightly with rubbing alcohol on a tissue. Use Benzagel overnight, washing it off in the shower in the morning. Careful with the Benzagel. Wear white undies. It stains coloured fabric.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 5:06 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Proactive might help..... Also when I was on bed rest with my first born I got a lil case of this from sitting all the time it went away after I had him
    ALDmama

Answer by ALDmama at 5:21 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Try a baking soda and honey scrub. Mix to your liking and scrub away! Happy Buns!
    monkeyberry

Answer by monkeyberry at 10:07 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Why don't you try the Avon Clearksin Professionals Acne Kit. It works really well at clearing up skin. Its very gentle too which is good for sensitive areas! www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping. If you use that for about a month without results you might need to head to a doctor and rule out an infection in your skin, heat rash or folliculitis. GL!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 10:45 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• The one thing that helped me was I quit wearing tight pants and shorts. I bought several long cotton "gyspy" skirts and skipped the underwear as much as possible. It felt odd at first, to not be wearing underwear, but now I prefer it! I don't have as much feminine odor to deal with and I don't have such horrible ingrown hairs at my bikini line. It took a few weeks for the butt zits to go away but it was so much easier to "breathe"!
    Anonymous