Obama says we need a civilian type security service that is just as strong and well funded as our military.

HMMM!!!!!what does that mean???

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 5:07 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think he means more military personal guarding our homeland and not out over seas all of the time. ie:: protecting borders and such. I know we already have that but I think that he wants more because what we have is obviously weak since there are so many illegals here.

so I agree and gladly vote for it
    Anonymous

• http://lashawnbarber.com/archives/2008/07/17/barack-obama-says-america-needs-a-civilian-national-security-force/

reminds me of Hitlers Youth.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:15 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

That may be nice and fluffy to think but you must also couple that with his view of immigration and customs agents are like terrorists.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:17 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Hitler? Dont think so. hahahaha what an awful comparison. You wish you weird SOB. My stand on it is why have so many people fighting other peoples wars. let them be here with their families and protect from home
    Anonymous

How would other countries fund their free health care for all if we suddenly became all about protecting our own borders and told other countries to take care of themselves?lol
    Anonymous

snooze thru history class did ya??
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:25 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Isn't that the Youth Corps he is/was trying to establish! Why do I get chills when I mention Obama and Youth Corps in the same sentence?!

jaw drop

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/Expanded-Americorps-has-an-authoritarian-feel-41889742.html

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• The rosy view of this idea would be lovely.

But why would such an internal force - under orders from civilian gov't instead of from the military - need to be "just as strong and well-funded"?

"Just as strong" - does this mean armed with weapons? or as strong in the number of members in it?
    Are we talking about ACORN-style community organizers like we saw storm the street outside AIG when the media and Congressmen were creating a tempest over some executives' bonuses?

"Just as well-funded" - how honestly would such a huge fund be monitored? ACORN, for example, has a CRIMINAL track record when it comes to accounting for the $millions it has received in donations ...

And most importantly, the only internal "strong force" I have learned about in history has been used to CONTROL CITIZENS - Soviets, Nazis, most recently the force hired by Iran's ayatollah to bludgeon and carry off protesters after the election.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 5:41 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Like...militias?
    Yoshi_Yoshi

Answer by Yoshi_Yoshi at 5:45 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Just who pray tell would this large and well armed force protect us against? You do realize a force of this magnitude can control a country? A force would be essential to the wholesale takeover of the country. I do not believe todays military will turn their guns on the American people. However, a few months of "mandatory" service in a corp could indoctrinate someone enough to get the job done. Especially if that someone was already part of the fawning mass...or perhaps a child of...

Hey Carpy, were you watching Beck a bit ago? If so, did you see the clip of Rahm Emmanuel? Gosh, this guy creeps me out worse than ANY spider and I am scared spitless of spiders!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:55 PM on Jul. 28, 2009