Please give me an honest answer~Does Your Family drive you crazy?

I really need the truth here. I am having a terrible time w/my dh and two kids. Both of my kids have ADHD and they feed off eachother w/their behavior. My dh probably has ADHD/ADD also but was never told he does. The three of them are constantly fighting,arguing and just driving me crazy in general. I guess it is stupid to ask if anyone else has a family that just drives them completely crazy? I simply don't know what to do about this. We can't go any place or do anything w/o all hell breaking out. Somehow everything turns out to be because of me-what I did or did not do,agree with or want to purchase. They yell,scream and just draw attention to us every place we go. I am a quiet person-Shy and I feel like running as far away from all three of them that I can!! I want to do things,enjoy my life. I want to be in love w/my family but right now I'm not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• How are you handling ADD/ADHD for everyone? There are many therapists who work with people who have ADD/ADHD; they teach them not just coping skills, but how to use ADD/ADHD as an advantage in their lives. Thom Hartmann has written extensively on this topic; you should be able to find his books art your local library, there is lots of information at his website: http://www.thomhartmann.com/category/thom/adhd-education/. You may also want to explore how foods affect behavior, either from the Feingold Organization (www.feingold.org) or another source. We eat a "clean" diet; no processed foods, no chemical additives, no meat, very little dairy
    My daughter's attention issues were helped dramatically by fish oil supplements (though we have since switched her to hemp oil). It is important to use a good brand, like Nordic Naturals; it takes about 8 weeks to become effective.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:21 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Lately yes, but not for the same reasons. My kids just fight constantly. My oldest tends to loose her patience with the twins who have developemental delays and dh totally caters to them. He seems to think they can't do anything wrong and dd#1 is always at fault. We have fought more than once about it and when it gets too much she and I go shopping or do something away from her sisters and dad.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2009