Are you debt free?

Do you have any debt besides your home? do live by the don't buy it unless you have the money? Just curious if people have as much debt as we are led to believe.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Don't own anything on our home. I got an inheritance check. I used that to buy our house and two cars. Only thing we owe is the normal bills. Student loans are payed off. No credit cards. Don't need them. And since we have money left over for not having a house payment that goes into savings.

Anonymous

• I wish I have medical bills debt that's it for me. never owned a credit card notta! Now my husband! boy he had some spending issues before we met! he has a repo a maxed out credit card that he closed so yeah that is just piling up debt he owes on an old cell phone etc. there is a lot lets see his over spending debt and my medical bill debt we owe about 30,000 give or take lol. It sucks and we do live in our means and don't spend unless necessary. I guess everyone should check their SO's credit before getting hitched! lol
    Anonymous

• Debt free here! It took a while to get like that but i am now. I just have the regular bills like rent phone eletric...etc. DH had a few loans out before we got married and he was in debt about 15000. I got my seperation pay from the army and that was 6000 and the rest i was able to pay off with what we got from DH working. He is going to be re-enlisting in the army so we should get more money from that and i will use that to buy a new car because mine is old and soon to die. But i dont want to have to make payments or if i do i dont want them to be that much for very long. I never buy things i dont have the money for. I save for the things i want. DH just gets the things he wants not thinking about how much money we have. Hes not to bright when it comes to finances
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 5:29 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• No... we are not debt free. But we are making smarter decisions now... and that is what counts.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 5:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• We owe around thirty thousand on my husband's school loans. Fun times! All of our medical bills are paid for though which was a huge amount from my pregnancy before insurance.
    Anonymous

• We are not debt free but we are being smarter and paying everything off!! Our truck will be paid off next week!!!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:37 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Yes, we are debt. free. Just our mortgage and the other regular household bills.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 5:43 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• We are not debt free and we probably never will be free of it.

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:45 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• my husbands students loans r killing us!!!! 65,000 dollars in debt :)

connorsmom2009

Answer by connorsmom2009 at 6:06 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I do have some debt, namely my student loans. What's left on my car and my remaining credit cards is about $2,000. So between it all, I owe about $15,000. They say the average family is $70,000 in debt, so I figure I'm doing well.

I plan to pay one of my credit cards off (at LEAST!) with my next paycheck. I plan on paying off my car by the end of the year. By Christmas, I want my debt to be JUST my student loans - which will mean I'll owe about $12,000.

I have a really GOOD interest rate on the loans because I got it locked in back when my credit was still really good. I did the math and it won't save me but about $100 over the life of the loan to pay it off early - but paying it on time will help my credit score. So I'm going to set it up with auto payments every month so that every payment is on time and in full.

The good thing is, next year's tax refund can go into my savings!
    Anonymous