Question for those against processed foods:

Here's my none fresh foods from my grocery list, which would you think were terrible, and are some not so bad?

BBQ Sauce
Tyson Frozen Fajita Chicken mix ($4, fills up my family, comes with chicken, peppers, onions and tortillas)
Stovetop Stuffing
Cream of Chicken soup
Salsa
Refrigerated Chicken and Prosciutto Tortellini
Muffin Mix ($1)
Gramcrackers

I read so much about how people buy only fresh, healthy foods, and cook everything from scratch, so are those parts of my list that terrible? There is, of course, much more that I didn't list, meats, fresh veggies and fruits, milk, cheese, etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't see anything wrong on your list. I would just watch the salt and fat content is all.
    The only thing I won't ever eat again is the Processed American Sliced Cheese - talk about gross!!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:52 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Im not agianst processed foods but i will say that i hate salsa that you get from the store. I just buy the stuff and make my own.
    Anonymous

• Well, check those Graham crackers for high fructose corn syrup, same goes for the BBQ sauce, plus check the sodium levels in that, the canned soup, the frozen fajita stuff and the Stove Top Stuffing; if a single serving of something has more than 10% of your daily sodium intake, it's really not good for you. The muffin mix isn't a bargain.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 5:56 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I make everything from scratch because I enjoy cooking that much. However, I do have some stuff in the cabinets when I need something on the fly.
    My youngest daughter LOVES Stove Top so I keep it stocked. My oldest daughter LOVES Kraft Mac and Cheese. Moderation is key.
    devoted_mom

Answer by devoted_mom at 11:14 PM on Jul. 28, 2009