How many moms on here are on depression or anxiety meds? you can be anon.

You dont have to show who you are but I am just curious to know how many moms out there are on any type of depression meds and what kind are you on? do you think it works or no changes? I take celexa and limictal and It does not work for me! Yes i have told my doctor but she seems to think there is a difference in me as if she is with me all the time. I five minute visit to her makes her think she knows me. I am calm and collected in front of her so she thinks i am just dandy. Because all the others that come in there are all strung out and crazy to the point of no coming back...so what i have to go in there acting like a crazy bitch

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• I am ! but I was before I was a Mother also. I have been on 30 or so in the past 15 years due to a chemical imbalance and I happen to build a tolerance very quickly. I am on cymbalta on the Max dose- I need to be on meds for ADHD but they make me angry so I won't take them. Cymbalta seems to work for me, I just wish I could take it longer - I hear ya with your Doctor. Mine is doing the same thing right now -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i've never been on any, but my mom and sister have been. first of all no matter how bad you get or think you're getting DO NOT take prozac. its not safe, my mom and a friend of hers got suicidal on that medication.
    my sister took one also starts with an "L" but honestly not sure what it was. it seemed to get her back on track, and when she felt better was easily able to come off of it.
    If you dont feel better than voice your opinion, and if your Dr doesnt listen I would suggest a second opinion to be safe. GL!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 5:57 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• cry :) lexapro worked for me
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• antidepressants can make you suicidal the first two weeks you are on them, its not just prozac, its your body reacting to the meds
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:00 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I was on Prozac for years and never had a problem until after my kids were born, then they seemed to stop working, now I am on Wellbutrin and they are great!
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 6:04 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I take Paxil and have not found anything else that works my anxiety.My mom takes Prozac and I think it really helps her. It just goes to show that we are all wired differently.
    If your doctor is indifferent to your needs I would look for a different doctor. Life is too short to feel badly!
    Anonymous

• Taking medication for depression with having therapy is like taking pain medication for a broken leg with a cast.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:18 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I don't take meds. but have used herbal supliments and therapy. If your doctor isn't listening it's time to change doctors.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i have been on several in the past but the current regimen is nuerontin 900mg my dh take wellbutrin and risperdal...he going to stop taking the risperdal due to side effects he is haveing. yes i manage r meds i know enough about them that my dr is comforable with me make adjustments as seen fit intill we get in to his office. i dont agree with rkoloms without my therpist i would have more relapes and be more manic then i am. some weeks the high light of the week is talking to my therpist for a hr b/c thats the only time i have away from my dd. they told me when i got out of the hospitable the first time that pshyc meds and therpy go hand in hand and most family drs wont deal with them
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 7:51 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I think it would be hard nowadays to find anyone NOT taking some kind of antidepressant. And I don't mean that in a bad way. I thank God for them every day of my life. I had a doctor tell me that in the old days, women took antidepressants then too. Only difference was it came out of a whiskey bottle they kept hidden in a cabinet....hahaha.
    Anyway, I take Welbutrin in the morning and Cymbalta at night. I feel better on this combination than I did on Prozac or Zoloft or any of those. Cymbalta also helps ease my fibromyalgia symptoms, so it's a double duty drug.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 9:02 PM on Jul. 28, 2009