Are you ever really affected by something you read here on CM?

Sometimes I read things that really upset me. Diversity is great, but some of these women..

A while ago I read a question about clothing restrictions, and the mom said that she was glad other moms let their little girls wear bikini swimsuits because the pedophile is more likely to abduct their child than hers, wearing a one piece with a T shirt over it. I haven't been able to shrug that off.

Another mom didn't think any special needs child should be allowed to go to regular public school, wouldn't want those kids to come into contact with her kids..

And the selfishness of some of these women..

I hope I never meet some of these women in the real world, their views on life, lack of humanity or morals.. it just really frightens me.

Am I the only one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes. I am sad for the multitude of stupidity, intolerance, hatred, and judgement that our country has become. A microcosm of that is seen here - and these women are raising the next generation. It scares the shit out of me. It makes me see why other countries think we are stupid rednecks.

I also follow the journals of moms with ill children, and cry and cry for them. Like the poster above me, I did a balloon release for Sweet Cheeks also. It breaks my heart to see how many moms have lost their kids on here.

I have also made some tremendous, life-long friends on here in my two years. Other than Answers I stay in small groups so as to moderate the judgemental and stupid and downright fucking mean and cruel women that seem to get a kick out of being hurtful and hateful to others.

So while I have experienced some really depressing "people" I have also found truly kindred spirits, for which I am very grateful.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 8:01 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Nope, right there with ya.
    Anonymous

• No i understand what you mean. There are some things i read on here that just shocks me. But i dont let those things bother me. I hope that i never meet any of these women who say those things either because i dont think i would be able to handle them telling me what they think i am doing wrong and some of the things they say would just make me go off on them.
    Anonymous

• sometimes I will read something on here and I think, "wow how stupid" or "wow how dangerous".....but lately I came across a post from a woman who is so frustrated with her life, totally stressed out that she is afraid she might hurt her child and wanted to know if she called CPS on herself, what would happen. I read that and I thought, "wow I wish I could help her"....our children love us and the whole thing made me really sad.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 6:26 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• No, you are not the only one. It really sad sometimes to see how others treat people.
    Anonymous

• i think most of the people are decent in real life, just bored SAHMs with high and mighty opinions about really trivial things left on a website together picking eachother apart.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:29 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I get fired up to read about how many moms in 2009 still think spanking is discipline. It is NOT discipline, it is punishment and only teaches them that their parents are bullys and that hitting is acceptable so they create a bully. They teach little girls that when men hit them it's ok so they grow up and see abuse as "normal". Boys grow up thinking they are expected to hit. Ladies, quit showing ignorance. Educate yourself and quit abusing your precious children. Learn how to discipline your children correctly. You bruise their spirit every time you strike them. You damage them. You hurt them. Stop it. Take a parenting class, go to someone who doesn't hit children and ask them what they do instead. Do something....anything...except hitting.
    Anonymous

• I sometimes read some stuff some women post on here and i can't help but wonder if they are just trying to get a rise out of people with all the outrageous things they post. Sadly, I know that some of it is really how some women feel.
    Anonymous

• I shrug it off and just feel sorry for how closed minded some people are. I cant control their thought process. Sometimes when posts are ones that make me sad and effect me in that way i try and be encouraging and let ppl know their not alone but for the ignorance I usually, like I said, take it as sorry closed minded people
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 6:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• A woman told me I should have slit my wrists back in April when I was suicidal. She said she was glad her daughter would be brought up with knowledge of God instead of godless like my daughter (we're not religious).

It haunts me to this day. And that woman claims to be a Christian! What a bitchbitchbitchbitchBITCH. I hate her, I'm not afraid to say it. I'd slap her silly if I saw her in person. How could ANYONE say that to another human being?! "Slit your wrists! Yeah!"

Ugh.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2009