everybody is telling me to just have sex all the time..

hello..ttc for 3 months..everyone keeps telling me to get pregnant " just have sex all the time". but then i read things that say otherwise. i feel stupid but we dont have sex everyday..usually every other day or so. idk =/ when i was 16 in highschool i thought it was soo easy to have a baby..guess its not so easy huh? lol advice please ladies..

ebrittian22

Asked by ebrittian22 at 6:25 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• honestly, it'll happen when it happens. its always the people trying to conceive that can't... then other women with one oops are totally pregnant. its the way the world works.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I got online and figured out when my most fertile week was. We had sex every day just for that week. It worked both times. Good luck! :-)
    HeatherLeigh

Answer by HeatherLeigh at 6:28 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I tried for years to get pregnant. I had to get on metformin for PCOS but I also charted every day and took the ovulation tests.
    Anonymous

• the funny thing is...the only sure way to get pregnanty...is artificially. I was told when i was 10 i couldnt have any children due to something called PCOD. well when i met my husband i was on birth control...within two months of being off it i got pregnant! well so much for that...well after that we were never much for protection...actually never at all! and we had our second daughter FIVE years later. It took only two months to get pregnant with the first, and five years with the second. Getting pregnant can be unpredictable. But i have heard getting one of those ovulation kits can help! i would check into that!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 6:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• do NOT have sex all the time if you want to get pregnant. I had a friend who went to a fertility dr and he said give the guy a rest so his little guys are strong. He said wait a week in between sex acts. good luck

Answer by admckenzie at 6:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I have researched and from what I have found it is better to do it every other day around the time you ovulate, specifically 3-4 days prior. My husband and I used a different method and had sex everyday, 4 days before ovulation, during, and 1 day after, I will let you know if it works lol . Good luck!

HMHUTSON

Answer by HMHUTSON at 6:51 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Dr told me the harder you try the less likely you are to conceive because your body and his are both stressing over it. You gotta be relaxed and just enjoy yourselves.
    NavyWifey122305

Answer by NavyWifey122305 at 7:29 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Go pick up a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Wechsler. BEST book on the market for acheiving pregnancy. How good? Iwasted money on ivulation kits for three months. NOTHING.

Bought the book...pregnant the VERY NEXT cycle. Because I found that our timing had ALL been wrong. It's not just having sex every other day. It's having sex on the RIGHT days! The book tells you how to figure out when those days are.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i never got preg untill i left the "litte guys" in there all night. i was drunk and my man didnt bother waking me up when he was done, so i could go clean up, now im 7 months preg!
    Anonymous

• idk we never 'tried' to get pregnant. Maybe stop trying?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jul. 29, 2009