Seriously...Why can't the vag births and the c-sects get along?

Okay...
I admit...
I'm a C-sect w/ no regrets...none...it wasn't emergency,and it wasn't elected-I just COULD NOT dialate and both I and the Dr was in agreement.
My BFF of over 30 years...all vag births,being in tune with nature,etc...etc...
For me...had this been pre-C-section times either myself or child or both of us most like would've died in the process.
I respect the vag birth moms,but there often seems to be a lack of the same respect to those of us w/ C's.
Why can't we get along?
The "perfect" birth experience? Does it really exist?
I mean,I thought the whole child bearing thing was kinda a "punishment" to Eve back in the book of Genesis...cold...painful... Not soft and serene.
So maybe that's what I struggle with-how vag moms can look down on c-sect moms because our births were clinical.
I'm not jealous of you,I'm thankful for modern medicine for the birth of my child.
I just don't get it..What's your view?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• LOL
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 6:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I also had a c-section, and was very happy with my experience. She was breached and they couldn't flip her... Anyway, I have also gotten a lot of slack, mostly on here.... I think people sometimes just want to feel better about themselves, and they see an opportunity. I think everyone should just respect everyone elses decision. Why is it anyone's business how I had my baby anyway?!?!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 6:46 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I think either way we all come home with a miracle. It doesn't matter how that little baby comes into this world.
    Anonymous

• I think most moms don't have a strong opinion about one or the other being "right" or "wrong," and aren't interested in demonizing those who have different opinions. On the other hand, it's the wackos who dominate the responses.
    It's the same with breastfeeding vs. bottle around here.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:48 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I don't care how someone has their baby. I had a vaginal birth && that's what I wanted. I almost had to have a c-section b/c my son was face down && his head was tilted, so he was stuck behind my pelvic bone for 45 minutes before I was finally able to push him out. Honestly, the only reasons I didn't want a c-section is b/c I didn't want the scar && I had to be induced, so I didn't get to experience the whole "omg, I think my water just broke" && so on, so I at least wanted him to come out the natural way since every other aspect had already been planned for me.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 7:13 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I had both my babies c-section. My son I stopped dialating w/ my daughter it was planned and thank goodness it was, because if I would've went vbac there would've been a lot of complications that I won't get in to. However, I agree, why is it that women look down on those that have had sections. I don't think its an easy way out as some have said, there is a longer recovery for one, and I disagree when women say that the bond is not the same when the child is born. Thats just BS! As stated earlier, it is just a miracle that we are all able to have children and bring them in this world. Why does it matter one way or the other?
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 7:15 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• yeah, i agree with you. i guess some people have to make themselves feel good somehow.... bottom line: we got the baby from inside to outside one way or another. i think it's really petty how they try to demean us like that
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i've had both c-section and vbac. i don't think your friend is putting you down for it. has she made comments directly to you? that wouldn't be very nice. for me the c-section was not something i would of perferred to have done had i really had a choice. to me the experience is just not the same. you don't see the birth and you can't hold it right away. i guess i'm just super anxious that every second out of me i want to be able to cradle my long awaited child. i have had 4 vbac after the first 2 c sections and it took me forever to find a hospital and a dr that would be willing to let me have this baby vbac. i think if you want a big family that the c-sections won't allow that. so steer far away from it. i just hope i don't have another c section cause then i would have to stop,.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:49 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• My friend wasn't putting me down...I was just bringing upthe fact the war seems to rage here on CM
    Anonymous

• Oh-wanted to add-once and done...My daughter is 9 and I have no desire to start from scratch (especially @ 40)-but thanks for the info-for others it may be good advice.

I don't feel I missed out in any way...and I breastfed-so I still had the bond-just with some "clean up" time in between-lol
    Anonymous