HAS ANYTHING HELPED U SLEEP??

I HAVE MAJOR PROBLEMS SLEEPING, STARTED 3 YRS AGO, CANT FALL ASLEEP UNTIL ABOUT 4 AM AND THEN IM UP SEVERAL TIMES THROUGH THE REST OF THE NIGHT, UP EARLY AND CANT FALL BACK ASLEEP. HAS ANYTHING EVER WORKED FOR U?

SHADYZGIRL1983

Asked by SHADYZGIRL1983 at 6:43 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• have you tried MELATONIN?
    i used to take it but now I cant because Im pregnant, but its worth a try and a huge bottle of it is pretty cheap
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• tylenol pm
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 6:51 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I agree with pinkanfgrl Tylenol PM's work good for me and as long as I take them early enough I can get up with no trouble.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:57 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• melatonin is awesome! but i would seriously talk to your doctor...same thing started happening to me and it turned out i had restless leg syndrome...i have heard about it but never thought it was something i had to worry about...but i did a sleep study and they said every time i woke up it was right before a leg movement. they put me on something called ropinirole and its worked wonders! also anything can cause sleep problems, stress, a bad bed, sleep apnea, depression...you name it...but talk to your doctor...they can narrow it down.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 6:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Ambien, ahhhhhhhhh. It knocks you out within an hour of taking it. You'll be majorly effed up if you fight past the sleepiness and stay awake. You have to get it from a doctor though, it's by prescription only.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:08 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i vote for melatonin too

Answer by admckenzie at 7:22 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I cut back on caffeine.. and an hour before bed, take a nice warm bath.. then when I'm in bed, I fantasize about whatever I feel like at the time. I know it sounds crzy.. but pulling my mind off the every day things, helps me sleep. If my mind wanders to what I have to do tomorrow, or how something went that day.. I'll be up forever.. so I create a movie scenario in my mind.. and within minutes, I'm out.

if all this fails.. try talking to your doctor because it could be a health issue,and they can prescribe something for you.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:35 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• lemon balm is a natural sedative and has no negative side effects, you can find it at a healthfood/herb shop.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:19 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I have a prescription for Clonazepam (Klonopin) and I also take OTC sleeping pills.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:46 AM on Jul. 29, 2009