How much does it cost to get a dress made?

I am looking for a strapless, knee length dress. I need three of them as it is for a wedding. Anyone know how much it is to have one made or know of a place that sells cheap dresses??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Shopping

• well i don't know how much it costs in your town, but where i live at i had my wedding dress made and hun it cost me 3,500
    Anonymous

• exactly, it depends on where you live. i had to have a flower girl dress altered about 5 years ago and the tailor did the dress for about 25 bucks. the dress was around $125.00. the tailor liked the dress so much she made more of them for her window and sold them for $50.00.
    my cousin bought dresses from the Newport News catalog ( probably out of business now) for $29.99 each and nobody knew the difference.
    if you check on ebay, my niece's bridesmaids dresses are all on there now. they are strapless and knee length in a dark navy blue.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:09 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Yeah, you are really best looking for something and having it taylored if you want something special. Head out to Good Will and see what they have. I was just at ours and there was a huge selection of "fine" dresses for like $5. Then you could easily have someone shorten or tighten or just alter it for like $25 - $35...

That's how I did. I paid $200 for my wedding gown right off the rack and then had it taylored to fit a very pregnant me. It was beautiful! And cheap.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:33 AM on Jul. 29, 2009