is it ok to feed a 4 month old baby baby foods?

my son was born 10 lbs and hes huge. he eats more formula than the average baby and he stares at me and my husband eat all the time licking his lips...i already gave him applesauce and cereal but can I give him vegs?

ShYmAmA08

Asked by ShYmAmA08 at 8:21 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes you can give him fruits and veggies....They say if there are allergies in the family to wait till 6 months ... wow 10 lbs..deliver by c-section?
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 8:30 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• if you have been giving him cereal and has done fine with it, i would try veg's. start with the green ones first they are bitter, where carrot and sweet potatoes are sweet. two many orange vegs can also turn your baby orange so make sure to switch veg colors. also make sure you keep him on the same veg all week to rule out any allergys. good luck
    merney

Answer by merney at 8:32 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• My son's pediatrician gave us the go-ahead for fruits and veggies at 4 months. I started with my son about a week after he turned 4 months, he's done really well with them. My son used to lick his lips while we were eating too. I read somewhere that's one of the signs that he's ready.
    LMiller

Answer by LMiller at 8:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• 4 months is perfect for starting foods. Don't forget to introduce one new food a week and not more than that. This way you can rule out food allergies.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 8:42 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I would ask your doctor before giving him baby food. He'll be able to help you know which ones to start when. Only introduce one new food at a time (wait several days to a week between new foods) and brush up on what to do if baby chokes!
    FriendlyJas

Answer by FriendlyJas at 8:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• emturner....they thought i wouldve they wanted to make sure he could fit first through the canal but they scared the crap out of me because every hour the doctor kept makin sure i was okay with the csection if it called for it. but heres the funny thing my daughter was 7lbs and i was in labor for 19 hours with her and pushed for 20 mins....my son was 10lbs and 2 ounces and i was in labor with him for 8 hours and took me 10 mins to push him out of course he ripped the crap out of me but weird how that ended
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 9:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• My youngest was 10 lbs 12 ozs and my middle one was 11 lbs 6 ozs! LOL! I love big babies....to your topic. YES if you have done cereal you are ok to move on to solids. Good luck.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Yes, you can try these with your baby. However, it is suggested not to try anything with strawberries in it for atleast a year due to the possibility of your child having an allergy. I never knew that & got nervous when I found out! But if you look it up, there are actually quite a few articles about avoiding strawberries the first year.
    ProudmomiOf2

Answer by ProudmomiOf2 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Yes, give whatever food you want basically at this point. I would hold off on meat for another month or so though.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I asked my doctor before staring any solid foods and he said start with apples or pears because they are easy on the stomach and digestive tract. But my daughter was like that too always hungry growing like a weed she seemed to be starving and showed intrest in food.
    Tayleina

Answer by Tayleina at 4:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2008