Does anyone know how to find out if an idea for a business you would like to start would be a good one??

mbj040800

Asked by mbj040800 at 6:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have created a few work at home articles.   These two in particular might help you:

How to Start a Unique Home Business

How to Start a Successful Home-Based Business

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Start the process. If you can write a viable business plan, then you probably have a viable business.

Find a small business development center near you:

http://www.sba.gov/aboutsba/sbaprograms/sbdc/sbdclocator/index.html

Answer by rkoloms at 7:11 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• My favorite question! Go to the BBB website and check them out!
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:09 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I am a stay at home mom to my 22 month old son. I joined Internet CEO Moms a while ago and I have to say it's the most positive experience! I work with an amazing group of moms who are very dedicated in helping other moms work from home and becoming financially independant. The training is free and the support is unlimited!! No selling, parties, or inventory. It is a very fun and flexible business and I love the fact that I can work when I want and most importantly, be there with my son through all his milestones.

Check out my website http://www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com/.

I would be happy to give you more information and introduce you to the business!

Alyssa Maliska

Proud Member of CEO Moms
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 9:01 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• You should read about other people's experience doing the same thing. You can read what I've done at http://freewebs.com/free2workathome

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I have an EXCELLENT way of making a great income from home. All it costs is your time and perseverance. Feel free to ask me questions ~ or Check out my ~>JOURNAL<~ for more info! I'll wait to hear from you!

RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:03 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Answered at 7:09 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 by: IraqiVetWife
    My favorite question! Go to the BBB website and check them out!

--> How do you check out a business that you have not started?

Answer by rkoloms at 10:18 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i agree writing a business plan is the right way to go. research online to see how many businesses are around that provide the service you want to provide. There are businesses that specialize in helping set up small businesses that could help give you some ideas on a business plan to see if it is feasible. you can always check out my husbands website
    www.homesoonaccounting.com for some tips on setting up small businesses. in working through the business plan and getting advice from someone who knows about small businesses, you will have a better picture of how feasible it is and if it is a good idea that type of business you want to start.
    biblebowlmom

Answer by biblebowlmom at 9:07 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• LOL accept for the business plan every other reply is pretty much ads and junk. LADIES, please READ questions before posting your same "join with this company" crap! The person has an idea for a business she wants to start....she wanted to know how she can go about finding out if her idea sounds like something that would be profitable...she's not asking for for help in choosing a direct selling company! sheesh

OP, a business plan is a good way to start. There are books about how to write a business plan, they even have several at the library usually. But it gives you the chance to sit down and get all aspects of the business you have in mind written down to see if it's feasable. You can also talk to family and friends, or even here and say "I'd like to start a business doing (or selling) _______. What do you think of the idea?"

Literally there are so many things to consider in a business......cont.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:01 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• ...Is it an online business, is it B&M (brick & mortar...in other words a walk in store/business), is it both, who is your target customer, costs of product or service, costs of rent/utilities, etc. cost of advertising, marketing, bookkeeping, of course funds to pay for all this, licensing, zoning, taxes, DBA's, lots of details.

But in beginning stages of just wanting to know if others think it's a good idea or if they will laugh in your face and say "ummmm no, what where you thinking" which I wouldn't do BTW.....just start asking around. Ask her, PM me and others talking about the business plan and give details.

I sell on eBay, have for years, my husband and I own a Carpet Cleaning business that we started in December. I have had an online retail/wholesale in the past but I wasn't ambitious enough at the time to grow it further, I have some basic experience and would gladly chat with you!!!

Good Luck!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 29, 2009