Anyone been to the Caribbean? How do you decide which island to visit.

Honestly now LOL how in the world do you decide which island to visit?? Ahhhh, I'm making myself crazy with looking for destinations down there. We plan on going for about 7 days and the whole time I literally want to go-go-go. I do not want to relax as crazy as that sounds!! I just want to experience everything there is to offer. Come on now, all these places and I have no idea!! I definitely want to swim with dolphins, see waterfalls/nature, maybe snorkel, see volcanoes (if the picked island has them) rain forests. I do not care about being relaxed, clubs, drinking, gambling. Just experience mother nature in all her beauty!!

Anguilla

Antigua and Barbuda

Aruba

Bahamas

Barbados

Bonaire

British Virgin Islands

Cayman Islands

Curacao

Dominica

Dominican Republic

Grenada

Guadeloupe

Haiti

Jamaica

cmb121906

Asked by cmb121906 at 7:06 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Travel

• I suggest Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. My friend and her family goes every year and OMG the place is amazing.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 9:18 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I've been to Grand Cayman and Jamaica. I loved both but Jamaica was a bit scary once we finished our excursions. In Jamaica, we kayaked(an hour trip) to the Dunn's River Falls and climbed to the top. But once we finished all of that we walked on the beach and everyone kept harrassing us to buy things. They were extremely aggressive. In Grand Cayman, we took a catamaran and snorkeled, which was awesome. We went to 2 separate reefs and saw tons of marine life, including lobsters, nurse shark, squid,fish,dolphins. I highly recommend Grand Cayman. Have fun!
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 9:52 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Well listen, you have to whittle it down. Can you decide if you want mountainous and lush like Grenada or St. Lucia or flat like Barbados and Cayman? Some like St. Bart's are really expensive. Have you checked into air? If money is no object, then the world is your oyster. Have you considered the S. Pacific, like Rarotonga? You'd get everything but the dolphins. You might check Dolphin encounters and see where they are. If you go to St. Maarten, you can add Anguilla. Some of those mentioned are tiny and may have some sugar white beaches but very small and little to do. It would be easier if you said you wanted to snorkel or dive but for just beauty, I think Grenada or St. Vincent are fantastic. Cayman is amazing for water, just got back. Post on Fodors too and you'll get some experienced travelers as well. Curacao and Bonaire, I don't know. If you are a bird watcher maybe or avid snorkeler.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:00 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• No Puerto Rico.. You suck.. lol.. I would suggest DR.. I know MANY people that LOVE it there.. My uncle even wants to build a house there..
    Kays_Mama06

Answer by Kays_Mama06 at 12:44 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• for goodness sake! Quit stressing your self!!! Just take a cruise and go to as many as you can if thats what you want!!! all you have to do is get of in port and walk around or take a taxi. I like my sea days for a bit of R&R. I think they are ALL beautiful and unique!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:37 PM on Jul. 30, 2009