Why do other moms look down on the moms that gave there child up for adoption?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm not sure what mom's you're referring to.
    Personally I wish more women would give their babies up for adoption rather than abort them. There are a lot of really great people out there that WANT to be parents and can't conceive. They deserve the kids the other people don't want.

I think when a woman gives her baby up for adoption it is courageous.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 7:13 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I have never looked down a mom for that, I tend to assume it was for a good reason because im sure it was the hardest or one of the hardest things they could ever do. i usually just feel sad that they wont be able to experience their child like most other moms
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 7:14 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i personally think that it takes a strong woman to be able to do that . my heart goes out to each and everyone of them. i believe in adoption not abortion.
    rose549

Answer by rose549 at 7:18 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• My dd put her child up for adoption and I certainly don't look down on her. She gave the child an opportunity for a good life that she couldn't provide. I'm very proud that she was loving enough to do that.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:21 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I think it's wonderful when women can admit that they can't raise a child and place it up for adoption it;s a hell of a lot better then abortion. I admire women who chose to adopt out instead of terminating the pregnancy

aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 7:35 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I think women SHOULD give up babies for adoption if they can't handle being a mom- I would rather a mom give a child up than abuse it.
    Anonymous

• We should be looking UP at you...seriously. That was an act of courage that not many people can do. You loved your child so much that you have her the gift of life and parents who could take care of her.....Awewome. Adoption alwasy strikes a chord with me.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:11 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• What women are you talking about, I always felted the up-most respect and love for the bio-mother,but I have a problem when she comes back after the child is grown and now she wants to be Mommy, I think if she come back,she should come with no excuses and most of all with no remorse against the adopting mother,too many times women give the babies up,and then resent everyone for it. I hope I explained this correct,I am speaking what happen to me, I adopted my sweet DD,when she was 3,when she turned 20,her bio-mom approached her with her whole family,she never gave me the option to prepare my DD, i think this is wrong,my DD is so upset now, and I refuse to say anything negative against this woman,I just want my DD to be safe,and happy,she keep asking me what should she do,I keep telling her whatever she do,I will be with her.
    Anonymous

• Giving a child up for adoption is the greatest gift for the child and adoptive parents

Answer by rkoloms at 8:39 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i don't believe that at all. mothers that give their children up for adoption are angels that walk the earth.
    chickensmommy

Answer by chickensmommy at 9:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2009