Why do humans feel so superior?

Did you know that we are animals too? What makes us so much more important? What gives us the right to take land and displace or cause extinction for so many other animals?

Don't turn this into a petty bickering match about some animal being worth more than a child...of course you are expected to defend youself; your family; your home; etc from any intrusion. But I speak more to the random apathy in general or down right sense of entitlement that many seem to feel...

A human is a member of a species of bipedal primates in the family Hominidae (taxonomically Homo sapiens—Latin: "wise man" or "knowing man"). DNA and fossil evidence indicates that modern humans originated in east Africa about 200,000 years ago. The Hominidae form a taxonomic family, including four extant genera: chimpanzees, gorillas, humans and orangutans.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• throwing up

Anonymous

• I did not come from an ape lol but here is what I say to your question...What would you sugesst? Would you rather give all the land to the bears.deer.wolves etc? I mean if you want humans to just go away you first.
    Anonymous

• You want to know why? Genesis 1:26-Let us make man in our image according to our likeness: let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping think that creeps on the earth." THAT is why humans are superior,because GOD said so!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I think that we are superior, why, because I dont see any apes typing back to you on this computer but other than that I am all for animal rights, I hate that we destroy land and cause other animals to go extinct. I however dont see myself on the same level as a monkey thats for sure. I know all about evolution and a firm believer in it and I believe humans evolved and rose above. Maybe when we're gone another animal will.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 7:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Umm ok vomit; an invitation to leave and god already - good start.

Why not have an actual honest conversation instead of being nasty? Is it really that hard?

It is an honest question; with some scientific information...if you believe it is because your god decreed it so why not say as much with dignity and respect instead of being snippy?
    Anonymous

• OP Here:
    lol - Dom123123 - I didn't mean literally mentally & emotionally equal; but in the scheme or hey we want to build some apts over there; so lets just clear those trees; oh animals live there - too bad they'll find somewhere else to go...type of attitude...

Or the fact that there is an actual option to addressing the issue of the geese at the airport in NY other than gassing them but the city chose killing them when they were at their most vulnerable over even bothering to investigate options.
    Anonymous

• Well, anon, not sure who you are talking to,but I did. I even gave you chapter and verse. If you mean someone else,then please disregard this. LOL.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 7:38 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Of course we are Superior. If God forbid you needed a heart and a Lion needed one too, how would you feel if it was given to the lion because it was better and braver than you??
    Anonymous

• this is the stupidest question ever ! get a life or just go marry your dog!
    Anonymous

• I dont think I was being rude...just that every species has it day...u sure wont find me in the water with a shark, why cuz it might eat my ass. In that way the shark is superior. I am not religious because of science and because of my education I know better than to assume Im just as intellegent as a freakin monkey or cat....sorry that may upset you but if you did more research you would know why humans are considered the superior being
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 7:40 PM on Jul. 28, 2009