Would you ever give your child up for adoption or let your child go with out things?

I gave my child up so she could have better things i just want to see what some one else would do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Adoption

• I personally could never ever do that. I rather be with my child and do what I can. Then be without him or her. I would bust my ass to keep my baby. I am sorry if this afends you.

akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i agree with the 1st poster but however sometimes you never know what u would do until you are in that situation
    mymommasgirl

Answer by mymommasgirl at 7:35 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I couldn't give up my child either. I would move heaven and hell to provide for them. I don't think I could handle not raising my kids. Some people are stonger then other's, that's for sure!
    Anonymous

• I hope I'm not misunderstood, I think it takes a stronger person to give up a baby. It would rip my guts out.

Anonymous

• I would never give up my child and my child would never go with out anything.
    Anonymous

• I gave my son up for him to have a better life and to have my family love and support. Would I do it all over again if i was the person I use to be.
    Anonymous

• I could never give a baby up just so they might have luxuries. There are no guarantees that the other family would always be able to give my baby more and dh and I are working so that we can give our kids more. They have their basic needs met and lots of love which I think is enough for them. They are very happy kids.

miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 7:57 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• It depends on what kind of "things" you mean. Relinquishing a child because you cannot afford to feed or clothe it is very different from not being able to provide expensive clothes or toys. There are many resources available to help moms provide the basics for their children and financial issues usually improve over time.

There ARE no guarantees that another famiy will be "better" for a child than their original parents. When agencies, lawyers and other adoption professionals talk about adoption though, they make it sound near perfect. In fact, I think sometimes they guilt moms into relinquishing by talking about all that children deserve. Basic needs and lots of love IS a great deal. Some children have plenty of material goodies, but that does not insure happy lives for them. I think we place too much value on material goods. And, I did give up a child....I think it was a mistake. But, I do not judge others.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 10:06 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Personally, I couldn't give my child up, I have been through some really rough times, but I never would think of giving up my child. But I do admire woman who have done that. I guess I'm selfish, but I just couldn't even consider it.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:17 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• As a mom who relinquished a child, I do not want to be admired or told that I was brave or selfless. I was scared and cowardly or I never would have allowed my son's adoption to take place. For some moms, maybe the courageous choice is to relinquish, but it also takes a brave person to parent knowing that it will be incredibly difficult. I never thought in a million years that I would ever relinquish a child to adoption....it was not my idea....I did not want to...but I did. It is all to easy to say that YOU could never do it.

Each situation is different though. For some few moms, adoption might be best for their children. I wonder if those moms feel more positive about the adoption option. I think it is wrong to assume that all adoption is good OR bad. After a mom has relinquished, whether it was right or wrong no longer really matters. It is done, and she must live with her choice.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 1:50 AM on Jul. 29, 2009