How do you work out differences with your husband?

If you have a difference of opinion or get in an argument, how do you go about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• Compromise and talk things out. We really dont argue but if we do then we try to talk things out and make up by the end of the day. There is nothing that cant be worked out if you listen to each other and communicate better. Then if you feel that talking it out is difficult because you want someone to take responsibility then you have to "weigh" the situation. For example, if the arguement is pretty much not that important and maybe you were not at fault but dont want to continue the petty arguing then just end it by saying something like "Im sorry" or "lets call it truce". That way no one will have to take blame and you can just call it even and move on with your day and agree not to bring it up again....The End.
    momofonewntmore

Answer by momofonewntmore at 7:38 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• we talk about it
    if that still gets us no where I usually say " alright whatever I dont care anymore" but only do that when its not important anyway. If Its really important to me I'll argue all day
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 7:29 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• we sit and talk about it. like now we are pregnant with our 2nd which is a son and he dont want to get him circumised but i do so we are going back and forth hes strongly standing his ground and i am to ...but in the end hopefully he will give in cause i wont
    mymommasgirl

Answer by mymommasgirl at 7:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• We talk. If it gets heated, then we take a break && come back to it later. I'm not saying that we don't ever argue, but we really try to avoid it b/c we both hate it. Some things we just agree to disagree && some things we try to come to a compromise.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• We argue, I usually storm off mad or cry, he just sits patiently until I'm ready to talk (which fuels me even more, that I'm the only one mad) and than we talk and make up. Usually only lasts a few hrs lol.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 7:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• If it's something that causes tempers to flare, I like to have a cooling off period before discussion. I usually find that I have a much better attitude after I've thought about whatever it is for a while. My husband likes to have his say and be done with it, so he usually has his say on the spot and I have my say sometime later on. I really think that every couple has to find the best way for them to handle disagreements. This is what works for us. Also, when my feelings get hurt, it can take two or three days for me to get over it. I can still be polite but just not my usual perky self.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:35 PM on Jul. 28, 2009