So Frustrated!

My ex husbands girlfriend told her little 6 year old daughter that i was mean and that is why my ex and i split. Her daughter preceded to tell my exes and mine 11 year daughter this.She said my mommy told me your mommy is mean and that is why your mommy and daddy aren't together anymore. Mind you, he left me for her two years ago. So when i ask him about this, he sticks up for his girlfriend, saying she would never say that, her daughter just must have overheard us talking. This was a very detailed conversation the six year old was telling my daughter. Am i wrong to be mad?

kimmy1963

Asked by kimmy1963 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• What good is going to do you to be mad? The only person you are hurting is yourself, and I wouldn't want to give him or anyone else that kind of power over me. I would just tell the child that it's not the truth, that you don't know why he would say such a thing, but it's not the truth. Then I would let it go.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• You are not wrong to be upset, but this is something that you are going to have to bring up in front of your child. My daughter had the same problem with her step mom at the beginning. Although the reason her father and I split up was because he got his child hood friend pregnant when we were engaged. Point is my daughter forever blamed me for her father and I not being together. I finally (she is 7 next month) had to quite defending him and told her the truth of why I left him and why we weren't together.. Explain to your DD what happened in little detail. And she needs to tell her father that it hurts her feelings when this child talks about her mother.
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 7:55 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Her immature behavior just makes her sound like a fool that is obviously threatened by you or jealous, saying something like that to a five year old is just ridiculous behavior, I wouldn't show that it is bothering you that way she can feel like an immature idiot, and one day it will come back and bite her in the ass.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 8:03 PM on Jul. 28, 2009