i was sick and threw up black stuff...

i was sick suddenly and threw up about 6 times in 5 hours. by the 6th time there waw nothing in my system left but water and after throwing that up, i started throwing up black grainy stuff. now my muscles in my stomach are killing me and i keep getting sharp pains in my left lung... im feeling a little better, but everytime i get up the pain comes back.
the highest my temp got to was only 100 degrees.
do you think i should go to the dr? or wait it out? and any ideas of what you think it may be??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Health

• do you smoke?
    Anonymous

• yeah i smoke, not too much though maybe 1 or 2 a day.. i havent smoked since i have been sick though.
    Anonymous

• I would call the dr but the smoking may have contributed to the black gunk, regardless of whether or not you smoked today, it is still in your system
    Anonymous

• not trying to scare you but the same thing happened to my mom. she went to the er and they found adhesions on her intestines from an old surgery. she was literally throwing up what would've been poop because the intestines were so clogged from those adhesions. she had to get another surgery to remove those and is fine now. i'm not saying this is what you're having but she also threw up constantly all of a sudden and that's what they found. if you've never had any type of abdominal surgery or c-section though you definitely don't have what she had. either way, i'd call the dr.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:53 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• black grainy stuff could be indicative of a lower GI bleed..I'd get that checked out.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:54 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• go to the er. If your throwing up "coffee grounds" looking stuff... definitely sounds like a GI bleed
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 7:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• black and grainy can be indicative of blood.

I'd get that checked out.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 8:00 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• GO TO THE ER!!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 8:02 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• blood?
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• yes, if you have bleeding in your stomach or small intestines, when you throw it up it can look like coffee grounds. This is something that should be checked out at the hospital.
    Anonymous