Does anyone else hate pomeraiains?

ooh i can not stand them.. I was attacked by 2 when i was younger and every one i have met is SO MEAN! I know its not the whole breed but i just dont like em

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 8:20 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Pets

• i dislike small breed dogs period! i was walking my amstaff (in my neighborhood) and a chihuahuah came bursting out of someones screendoor, ran across the street and started biting him!
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I had a 1/2 pomeranian and 1/2 yorkie. It was the best dog I've ever had. In highschool a friend of mine had a pomeranian and it was a good dog for them. I haven't had much experience with them, but the times I have, have been pleasant. Sorry for your bad experience.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 8:29 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Sorry for the bad experience...I think some little dogs have a big dog complex or something...hahaha....I used to hate poms myself. All they would do was yap and nip, over and over and over. But now, I found this little cream colored Pom and I absolutely ADORE him. He isn't at all like the other Poms I've been around. I also have Chihuahuas, so the whole idea of that little bitty thing biting your BIG mastiff is a funny sight I bet. I don't know why it is, but I think little dogs just try to make up for what they lack in size with attitude. Some can be obnoxious no doubt, but there are some like mine that are just so loving and precious. I think the way they're raised has a lot to do with it too.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• it is not the breed as a whole. my pomeranian, ted e bear has never once shown aggression, loves everyone and is the sweetest thing. it is the way they are raised. now my maltipoo will eat you, but the pom, pit and rott will lick you to death!! i am so sorry you had a bad experience. i was attacked by a german shepherd when i was younger, but i hold no ill will toward the whole breed. they may not be my fave dog, but i dont lump them in together in the evil category because of the actions of one. poms are notorious for acting bigger than their britches, they dont know they are tiny .... and yes , i dont know about a mastiff but it was funny when i had my great dane watching the pom jump up and down trying to reach his butt to smell it.
    devonsmom

Answer by devonsmom at 11:51 AM on Aug. 14, 2009